Latest Posts:
flame3-28-2024 Three Word Post.....The Next Generation.... (Rep.#18,824) from: BigDogflameflame3-28-2024 Brrrr (Rep.#14,817) from: BigDogflameflame3-28-2024 The Totally Useless Thread III (Rep.#11,248) from: BigDogflameflame3-26-2024 Gas price in your area (Rep.#7,171) from: GoFastRacerflameflame10-28-2023 Totally Useless PICTURE Thread (Rep.#965) from: Havasu Dougflame
No members are browsing this topic
Forum Led by: BigDog, RiverLiver

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]
add a reply to this topic create a new topic create a new poll
Mason LakeMale Offline

Boatless

APPD 0.00
Post Rank: 231
Post Icon Posted: July 08 2010,10:20 am Post # 1 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

I just noticed that Anderson now lists Nissan as one of their brands - when did they take over Copper Canyon Nissan?

Any ideas if this was a friendly "buy/sell" or a situation where Copper Canyon was forced to sell because of the soft business environment?  

It's looking like Havasu is going to be dominated by just two major dealers.  Not saying that's a bad thing, just an observation.
| Member # 3489 | Joined: 9-27-2009 |
WATERDOGMale Offline
Gemini
HDF Silver Supporter

Don't Bother Me, I'm in Havi
10,000 post flame100 post flame100 post flame
MENIFEE, CA
APPD 1.66
Post Rank: 8
ELIMINATOR EAGLE
Post Icon Posted: July 08 2010,10:25 am Post # 2 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Effective July 1st.

LAKE HAVASU CITY, AZ - The Anderson Automotive Group in Lake Havasu City has announced the purchase of Copper Canyon Nissan. President Jason Anderson says the business located at 3842 North Highway 95 will be known as Anderson Nissan. The Anderson Automotive Group currently includes the Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Subaru, Toyota and Scion franchises.

“We did a lot of research and concluded that this is going to be a perfect fit for us," Anderson told Tri-State News. "With the franchise type of Toyota AND Nissan, you really offer it to the entire area."

Anderson added that the Toyota-Nissan combination is not an uncommon one.

"We're not in the same location," Anderson said. "But, there are certainly dealers out there that have both the Nissan and the Toyota franchises -- that wouldn't be too unusual."

The Anderson Nissan name change is effective immediately.

"Damn you sure know how to fock things up."-GFR
| Member # 2868 | Joined: 4-23-2007 |
Mason LakeMale Offline

Boatless

APPD 0.00
Post Icon Posted: July 08 2010,10:39 am Post # 3 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Thanks for the fast reply.   :)

I did a Google News Search the other day and wasn't able to find anything.  Your news report answered most of my questions.  

The only thing that still seems strange is the old Copper Canyon website doesn't forward to Anderson - it just goes to the website vendor.  That's why I was wondering if it was a typical "buy/sell."
WATERDOGMale Offline
Gemini
HDF Silver Supporter

Don't Bother Me, I'm in Havi
10,000 post flame100 post flame100 post flame
MENIFEE, CA
APPD 1.66
Post Rank: 8
ELIMINATOR EAGLE
Post Icon Posted: July 08 2010,11:07 am Post # 4 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Quote (Mason Lake @ July 08 2010,10:39 am)

I did a Google News Search the other day and wasn't able to find anything.  Your news report answered most of my questions.  

The only thing that still seems strange is the old Copper Canyon website doesn't forward to Anderson - it just goes to the website vendor.  That's why I was wondering if it was a typical "buy/sell."

Even though it was effective the 1st, I didn't see anything in the news till yesterday. Don't know what to say about the web-site, perhaps he didn't need it or is just making a new one.

"Damn you sure know how to fock things up."-GFR
| Member # 2868 | Joined: 4-23-2007 |
ZiggyMale Offline
Cancer

Slum Lord
5,000 post flame1,000 post flame1,000 post flame100 post flame100 post flame100 post flame100 post flame
Oceanside, Ca./Lake Havasu, Az.
APPD 0.99
Post Rank: 10
2016 Nordic 26 Deck
Post Icon Posted: July 08 2010,2:27 pm Post # 5 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Quote (WATERDOG @ July 08 2010,11:07 am)

Even though it was effective the 1st, I didn't see anything in the news till yesterday. Don't know what to say about the web-site, perhaps he didn't need it or is just making a new one.

Usually a selling dealer will have web inquiries from his site forwarded to the new owner...I'd guess it may have been more of a distress sale

Ain't life Grand? Treat it that way.
The Love of my Life, Jan.
| Member # 192 | Joined: 8-27-2003 |
Mason LakeMale Offline

Boatless

APPD 0.00
Post Icon Posted: July 08 2010,3:40 pm Post # 6 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Quote (Ziggy @ July 08 2010,2:27 pm)
Quote (WATERDOG @ July 08 2010,11:07 am)

Usually a selling dealer will have web inquiries from his site forwarded to the new owner...I'd guess it may have been more of a distress sale

That's what I was thinking too.

As I recall the Dealer Principal was pretty young and had his family involved with the store, so it's not like he sold out as part of his retirement.  

Hopefully he sold out because he wanted to, but if not he's not the first dealer to be forced out due to the recession.
GlassManMale Offline
Pisces
HDF Silver Supporter

Redondo Crew
5,000 post flame500 post flame100 post flame100 post flame
Redondo Beach, California, USA
APPD 0.79
Post Rank: 13
Post Icon Posted: July 09 2010,7:20 am Post # 7 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

What recession ?  :stupid

It's a fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday, even the Calendar says : WTF .......
| Member # 617 | Joined: 4-29-2004 |
6 replies since July 08 2010,10:20 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]
add a reply to this topic create a new topic create a new poll

navbarlogo
The Colorado River WebRing
‹ Prev | Hub | Like | Join | Surprise | Next ›

Please help keep HDF free. If you enjoy this site, feel free to make a donation to keep it running. THANKS!