Latest Posts:
flame5-06-2024 Three Word Post.....The Next Generation.... (Rep.#18,913) from: BigDogflameflame5-06-2024 The Totally Useless Thread IV (Rep.#26) from: BigDogflameflame5-06-2024 Gas price in your area (Rep.#7,185) from: GoFastRacerflameflame5-06-2024 Brrrr (Rep.#14,842) from: GoFastRacerflameflame4-01-2024 The Totally Useless Thread III (Rep.#11,248) from: Havasu Dougflame
No members are browsing this topic
Forum Led by: BigDog, RiverLiver

Pages: 1 [2] 3 

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]
add a reply to this topic create a new topic create a new poll
BigBoyToysMale Offline
Pisces
HDF Supporter
Chillin' in the Pacific Northwest
5,000 post flame500 post flame100 post flame100 post flame100 post flame100 post flame
Spokane, WA
APPD 0.77
Post Rank: 12
Post Icon Posted: Feb. 21 2004,8:13 am Post # 26 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Quote (Sleek-Jet @ Feb. 21 2004,7:45 am)
You know, they might just be trying to flush you out.  Threatening to terminate you to see if your just trying to scam them, I've seen it done before.

Chances are the company knows exactly what the law states, but if they could get you to quit outright or return to work, they win either way.

If that is the case, it sounds like you're just caught up in the middle of the petty games that companies play with their employees to get the worthless ones out.  

Stick to your guns BBT (which I have no doubt you'll do), give 'em hell.   :good

I'm not trying to scam them at all.  They have the results of the MRI and the injury is very obvious.  I'm not a doctor but even I can see the injuries.

I am not going to quit, I love what I do at my job.  And my manager has made it very clear to me that he wants me to return to work, but HEALTHY again.  He says that he doesn't want to get a phone call from a customer saying that one of his techs was just hauled off in an ambulance (A quote from my local manager)

I have even pushed the issue, trying to get back to work.  But, I cannot until the doctor says it's ok to.  I tell the doctor, "oh yeah, feels great now" and he says ok, lets see....bend this way bend that way, lift this, lift that,.....and then when he's helping me up off of the ground, he says...no way, you're not going back to work yet :rolleyes

And yes, I will stick to my guns.  I have no other choice :(

Edited by BigBoyToys on Feb. 21 2004,8:15 am

OBAMA=OneBigAssMistakeAmerica
website  | Member # 87 | Joined: 2-19-2003 |
Sleek-JetMale Offline
Aquarius
HDF Supporter
The Cooler
5,000 post flame1,000 post flame100 post flame100 post flame100 post flame
Batavia, IL
APPD 0.82
Post Rank: 11
Big 'Ole Inner-tube
Post Icon Posted: Feb. 21 2004,8:13 am Post # 27 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

I understand your frustration BBT, I take it this is being done under workmen's comp???

I don't mean to paint a bleak picture, but if your HR people at the company want to, they can drag that out for what seems like forever.  

A good friend of mine was hit head on driving home from work several hears ago (injuries sustained to and from work fall under workman's comp).  The impact drove his leg back through his hip socket, shattering the socket.  The first doctors to operate on him after the accident pieced the joint back together, but all the metal and the severity of the injury necessitated a total hip replacement.  

Our HR person at the time must have thought he was spending his own money, it was over a year before the surgury took place.   :angry

The truth of the matter is that alot of people try to scam the system, especially people with back problems.  Hell, we had one guy here that would play softball and golf all summer, then come up with a back problem about fall, take LTD through the winter, and come back to work in early summer.  You could set your watch to it.

Companies and their insurance carriers have taken the stance that every comp claim is fraudulent, hence the plain white vans and such in the nieghborhood (and now this letter).  Keep the faith BBT, at some point the system should kick and help get you rehabilitated.

Edited by Sleek-Jet on Feb. 21 2004,8:15 am

A dog doesn't care if you're rich or poor, educated or illiterate, clever or dull. Give him your heart and he will give you his.
| Member # 81 | Joined: 2-07-2003 |
BigBoyToysMale Offline
Pisces
HDF Supporter
5,000 post flame500 post flame100 post flame100 post flame100 post flame100 post flame
Spokane, WA
APPD 0.77
Post Icon Posted: Feb. 21 2004,8:31 am Post # 28 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Quote (Sleek-Jet @ Feb. 21 2004,8:13 am)
I understand your frustration BBT, I take it this is being done under workmen's comp???

Yes, it is Workman's Comp.  The injury happened on a Friday Afternoon, I drove back to the office, took about 15 minutes just to get out of the car, there was nobody in the office, so I went home for the rest of the day.  Pretty much laid in bed all weekend hoping that it would be better by monday, went to work Monday, could barely walk, manager saw this and sent me to the doctor after explaining to him what had happened.  It was not my intention to even file a workmans comp claim, my manager did it.  I was trying to work through the pain....And even then, when the doctor took me out of work, I was thinking, A week or so and I'll be back to work.  Here I am, 6 months later, have gone through Physical therapy 4 different times for about 30 sessions total, and no better.  If anything, it has gotten worse from the Physical Therapy.  One time they actually had me lifting weights, over 100lbs!  Of course, I did it but was in tremendous pain. :(

I think that overall, the original Doctors and Physical Therapists have made the injury worse.  Incidently, I also now have a pinched nerve in my shoulder (constant burning sensation) that started after a physical therapy session :rolleyes .  Now I finally have a new doctor that understands what's happening and he is trying to treat the injury, but the insurance company will not approve ANY type of treatment that he requests.  Everything has to get "Authorized" from the insurance company first, but they haven't authorized ANYTHING since I have switched doctors 2 months ago.

Edited by BigBoyToys on Feb. 21 2004,8:34 am

BigBoyToysMale Offline
Pisces
HDF Supporter
Spokane, WA
APPD 0.77
Post Icon Posted: Feb. 21 2004,8:50 am Post # 29 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Quote (RiverLiver @ Feb. 21 2004,8:12 am)
BTW  Get better soon and get off the meds. :good  :D

I have tried to get off the meds on numerous occasions because I do not want to get addicted to them and that is a constant worry of mine.  However, every time I've stopped taking them, the pain was so severe that I was literally in tears and could not move.  Then, it takes about 2 rounds of taking meds again before it actually starts working again.  Mrs BBT gets pretty pissed off at me every time I try to get off of the meds....I just do it without telling her and then she catches on really quick when she sees how I'm feeling.  I was thinking about trying it again this weekend but right now, at this moment, I'm in significant pain while on the meds....so I'd better not try this time :rolleyes

Mrs big boy toysFemale Offline
Libra

Angel
500 post flame100 post flame100 post flame
Spokane Washington
APPD 0.09
Post Rank: 50
Post Icon Posted: Feb. 21 2004,9:08 am Post # 30 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

MrBBt
Is Definitely a workaholic, but still found time for us (his Family). :)  It's so hard to See Jim going through this. I feel so helpless. I know that everything will be ok, but it will be a while before he can do the things he loves to do. He his so bored. Anyone have any ideas on things he can do to kill the Boredom?

God Bless Our Troops past, present, and future......"Thank You"

To all Vietnam Vets. You are all Hero's to me.

| Member # 88 | Joined: 2-19-2003 |
BigBoyToysMale Offline
Pisces
HDF Supporter
Spokane, WA
APPD 0.77
Post Icon Posted: Feb. 21 2004,9:16 am Post # 31 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Quote (Mrs big boy toys @ Feb. 21 2004,9:08 am)
MrBBt
Is Definitely a workaholic, but still found time for us (his Family). :)  It's so hard to See Jim going through this. I feel so helpless. I know that everything will be ok, but it will be a while before he can do the things he loves to do. He his so bored. Anyone have any ideas on things he can do to kill the Boredom?

Uh....yeah....I have an idea what WE can do to fight my boredom :D  :laugh    But you don't have enough time in the day for THAT :rotflmao  :rotflmao

Just kidding Honey.  You know I love ya!  I'm sorry about not having much energy anymore.  You know better than anyone what thes pills are doing to me and for me.  It's a trade-off I guess.  Constantly tired but lesser pain.....

Edited by BigBoyToys on Feb. 21 2004,9:20 am

BigBoyToysMale Offline
Pisces
HDF Supporter
Spokane, WA
APPD 0.77
Post Icon Posted: Feb. 21 2004,9:23 am Post # 32 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

I'm sorry to everyone if this thread looks like my official Whining thread :cry .  I'm not really whining.....just frustrated as hell.

Mrs big boy toysFemale Offline
Libra

Angel
500 post flame100 post flame100 post flame
Spokane Washington
APPD 0.09
Post Rank: 50
Post Icon Posted: Feb. 21 2004,9:30 am Post # 33 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Quote (BigBoyToys @ Feb. 21 2004,9:16 am)
Quote (Mrs big boy toys @ Feb. 21 2004,9:08 am)
MrBBt

Uh....yeah....I have an idea what WE can do to fight my boredom :D  :laugh    But you don't have enough time in the day for THAT :rotflmao  :rotflmao

Just kidding Honey.  You know I love ya!  I'm sorry about not having much energy anymore.  You know better than anyone what thes pills are doing to me and for me.  It's a trade-off I guess.  Constantly tired but lesser pain.....

I know.... :(  I wish there were something I could do.

God Bless Our Troops past, present, and future......"Thank You"

To all Vietnam Vets. You are all Hero's to me.

| Member # 88 | Joined: 2-19-2003 |
Sleek-JetMale Offline
Aquarius
HDF Supporter
The Cooler
5,000 post flame1,000 post flame100 post flame100 post flame100 post flame
Batavia, IL
APPD 0.82
Post Rank: 11
Big 'Ole Inner-tube
Post Icon Posted: Feb. 21 2004,9:52 am Post # 34 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Quote (BigBoyToys @ Feb. 21 2004,10:23 am)
I'm sorry to everyone if this thread looks like my official Whining thread :cry .  I'm not really whining.....just frustrated as hell.

No appologies needed BBT.  Sounds like you need to talk about it anyway.

Vent away.   :good

A dog doesn't care if you're rich or poor, educated or illiterate, clever or dull. Give him your heart and he will give you his.
| Member # 81 | Joined: 2-07-2003 |
RiverLiverMale Offline
Leo
HDF Bronze Supporter
D-DAY
5,000 post flame100 post flame100 post flame100 post flame
Costa Mesa CA
APPD 0.68
Post Rank: 16
60' Hatteras
Post Icon Posted: Feb. 21 2004,9:56 am Post # 35 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Quote (BigBoyToys @ Feb. 21 2004,8:50 am)
Quote (RiverLiver @ Feb. 21 2004,8:12 am)
BTW  Get better soon and get off the meds. :good  :D

I have tried to get off the meds on numerous occasions because I do not want to get addicted to them and that is a constant worry of mine.  However, every time I've stopped taking them, the pain was so severe that I was literally in tears and could not move.  Then, it takes about 2 rounds of taking meds again before it actually starts working again.  Mrs BBT gets pretty pissed off at me every time I try to get off of the meds....I just do it without telling her and then she catches on really quick when she sees how I'm feeling.  I was thinking about trying it again this weekend but right now, at this moment, I'm in significant pain while on the meds....so I'd better not try this time :rolleyes

What i meant was to get better so you can get off the meds ..

Don't Be a Hater

website  | Member # 55 | Joined: 1-09-2003 |
WindyFemale Offline
Pisces

formerly known as MissHBjet
500 post flame100 post flame100 post flame100 post flame100 post flame
HB Baby
APPD 0.12
Post Rank: 41
Cheetah Cat
Post Icon Posted: Feb. 21 2004,10:29 am Post # 36 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

I wish you the best of luck. :)

~Wear a smile...it never goes outta style~
| Member # 13 | Joined: 12-04-2002 |
GoFastRacerMale Offline
HDF Supporter
V-Driver For Life!
50,000 post flame10,000 post flame1,000 post flame1,000 post flame100 post flame100 post flame100 post flame100 post flame
Big River, Ca
APPD 8.07
Post Rank: 1
Spectra20
Post Icon Posted: Feb. 21 2004,11:40 am Post # 37 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

I'm sorry to everyone if this thread looks like my official Whining thread :cry .

:rotflmao  :rotflmao Surrrrre you are!. :rotflmao  :rotflmao
website  | Member # 101 | Joined: 3-03-2003 |
GoFastRacerMale Offline
HDF Supporter
V-Driver For Life!
50,000 post flame10,000 post flame1,000 post flame1,000 post flame100 post flame100 post flame100 post flame100 post flame
Big River, Ca
APPD 8.07
Spectra20
Post Icon Posted: Feb. 21 2004,11:42 am Post # 38 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

I'm not really whining.....

:laugh I thought maybe you were pissed!. :laugh
RiverLiverMale Offline
Leo
HDF Bronze Supporter
D-DAY
Costa Mesa CA
APPD 0.68
60' Hatteras
Post Icon Posted: Feb. 21 2004,11:43 am Post # 39 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Some  cheese with your whinning  LOL J/K  

Don't Be a Hater

GoFastRacerMale Offline
HDF Supporter
V-Driver For Life!
Big River, Ca
APPD 8.07
Spectra20
Post Icon Posted: Feb. 21 2004,12:03 pm Post # 40 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Now that's a hunk of cheese!. :laugh  :laugh
Big HMale Offline
Pisces

Boat Racer
500 post flame100 post flame
South OC, CA
APPD 0.09
Post Rank: 51
Post Icon Posted: Feb. 21 2004,12:23 pm Post # 41 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

I'm with Sleek-Jet...Give 'em hell !!! :angry  :fight  :guns

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult...
| Member # 378 | Joined: 2-02-2004 |
MandelonMale Offline

Hot Boater
100 post flame100 post flame100 post flame
San Diego
APPD 0.04
Post Rank: 74
Laveycraft 21 XtSki 496HO
Post Icon Posted: Feb. 21 2004,2:51 pm Post # 42 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

BBT I feel your pain.  I had a herniated disk in my neck about two yars ago.  It took about a year to fully heal.  I had numbness in my hands for weeks.  There was just a tingling in my pinky and ring finger on both hands.  Couldn't turn my head, couldn't sleep, hard to lay down, harder to get up......

Lots of Vicodin, Flexeril, and liquor to kill the pain....but I couldn't stay home.  Its my business, so I had to work.

I looked into an operation, but the doctors said I should wait for  few months.  For the neck they have to cut open the side of your throat and go in there.  :confused

A friend of mine has had a disk or two removed from his back and has the joints fused now.  He no longer plays golf, but is able to enjoy boating and gets out regularly, even to Catalina.  He is "Faster Daddy" on hotboat.  It might be worth checking with him about.  I know I'd consider the operation if progress isnt' coming in a few months.

I remember fearing that I wouldn't get better....it was real desperation.  Without the pain killers I don't think I would want to go on for too long.....

It sucks about your employer.  At least they are a big company.  One of my guys tripped and fell and blew out his knee.  He's been collecting disability for 3 years now.  He's bought himself a new truck, a harley, a house and started his own construction business, which he works at regularly.  That's the kinda person they need to go after......not someone like you who wants to go back to work.

Insane in the Membrane
website  | Member # 91 | Joined: 2-22-2003 |
AZKCMale Offline
Leo
HDF Bronze Supporter
Jack of all trades. Master of none.
10,000 post flame5,000 post flame1,000 post flame100 post flame100 post flame100 post flame100 post flame
Tucson
APPD 2.10
Post Rank: 5
1979 20ft Hawaiian Moonraker
Post Icon Posted: Feb. 21 2004,3:05 pm Post # 43 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

:drama  :p

Like Silver said sort of "One door closes and 3 more open." Keep your good attitude, hang in there and of course.......

Don't let the plan perpetrated by the man keep a brotha down.  :peace

God is Great, Beer is Good, and People are Crazy......

AUTO SAFETY HOUSE

| Member # 29 | Joined: 12-18-2002 |
knuckle headMale Offline
Aquarius

"Stupid Bitch"
1,000 post flame1,000 post flame500 post flame100 post flame100 post flame
Encinitas Ca./The island of Roatan
APPD 0.36
Post Rank: 22
Post Icon Posted: Feb. 21 2004,3:58 pm Post # 44 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

I hate "THE MAN" :angry

| Member # 80 | Joined: 2-04-2003 |
RiverLiverMale Offline
Leo
HDF Bronze Supporter
D-DAY
Costa Mesa CA
APPD 0.68
60' Hatteras
Post Icon Posted: Feb. 21 2004,4:10 pm Post # 45 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Quote (knuckle head @ Feb. 21 2004,3:58 pm)

So do i,  Who is the MAN ?????? :stupid

Don't Be a Hater

knuckle headMale Offline
Aquarius

"Stupid Bitch"
Encinitas Ca./The island of Roatan
APPD 0.36
Post Rank: 22
Post Icon Posted: Feb. 21 2004,4:12 pm Post # 46 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Quote (RiverLiver @ Feb. 21 2004,4:10 pm)

Don't you have to leave so your not late for some party :stupid

| Member # 80 | Joined: 2-04-2003 |
RiverLiverMale Offline
Leo
HDF Bronze Supporter
D-DAY
Costa Mesa CA
APPD 0.68
60' Hatteras
Post Icon Posted: Feb. 21 2004,4:13 pm Post # 47 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Quote (knuckle head @ Feb. 21 2004,4:12 pm)
Quote (RiverLiver @ Feb. 21 2004,4:10 pm)

Don't you have to leave so your not late for some party :stupid

Waiting for Mr. 87cole to show up...

I already took the heaters over...

Don't Be a Hater

RIVERRATMIKEMale Offline
Taurus

River House Owner/0 Miles From Havasu!
Lake Havasu City/Parker, AZ
APPD 0.36
Post Rank: 23
1986 28ft Chris Craft Stinger
Post Icon Posted: Feb. 21 2004,6:14 pm Post # 48 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

:drama

website  | Member # 74 | Joined: 1-20-2003 |
BigBoyToysMale Offline
Pisces
HDF Supporter
Spokane, WA
APPD 0.77
Post Icon Posted: Feb. 23 2004,2:54 pm Post # 49 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

DOWN WITH THE "MAN"! :guns  :guns  :guns

sbark1Male Offline
Leo

Pwc'er

North Tustin, CA
APPD 0.01
Post Rank: 173
Post Icon Posted: Feb. 23 2004,3:07 pm Post # 50 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

BBT - Sorry for your troubles.  I always hate to see nice people have bad things happen.  Just a bit of advice...One of the first things your attorney is going to tell you is to be careful who you speak with about the case.  Although, I can appreciate your need to vent, I would be careful what you publicly say on this board or others.  Things have a way of be misconstrued in a court room at a later date.  Just my .02.....Good Luck :)
| Member # 372 | Joined: 1-28-2004 |
59 replies since Feb. 20 2004,4:08 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Pages: 1 [2] 3 

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]
add a reply to this topic create a new topic create a new poll

navbarlogo
The Colorado River WebRing
‹ Prev | Hub | Like | Join | Surprise | Next ›

Please help keep HDF free. If you enjoy this site, feel free to make a donation to keep it running. THANKS!