Latest Posts:
flame5-06-2024 Three Word Post.....The Next Generation.... (Rep.#18,910) from: GoFastRacerflameflame5-06-2024 Gas price in your area (Rep.#7,185) from: GoFastRacerflameflame5-06-2024 Brrrr (Rep.#14,842) from: GoFastRacerflameflame5-06-2024 The Totally Useless Thread IV (Rep.#25) from: GoFastRacerflameflame4-01-2024 The Totally Useless Thread III (Rep.#11,248) from: Havasu Dougflame
No members are browsing this topic
Forum Led by: BigDog, RiverLiver

Pages: 1 [2] 

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]
add a reply to this topic create a new topic create a new poll
big ernMale Offline
Libra
HDF Supporter
Boater
100 post flame
mesa, az
APPD 0.02
Post Rank: 119
82 19ft eliminator
Post Icon Posted: Mar. 14 2005,8:39 am Post # 26 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

It used to be on Sundays, there was nothing else on TV, there wasn't cable in the 70's, my pops watched it all the time....
| Member # 759 | Joined: 8-02-2004 |
Trailer Park CasanovaMale Offline
HDF Supporter
Hot Boater
100 post flame100 post flame
So Cali
APPD 0.04
Post Rank: 90
Post Icon Posted: Mar. 20 2005,7:00 am Post # 27 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Useless cornball trivia:
My Grandmother lived in Santa Monica & played the organ and went to the same church as the Lennon Sisters family.
The (old - since moved) Elks lodge next door doubled as a reception/meeting/party hall for the church. The Lennon sisters sang there often for their huge family parties, weddings ect.
That's where they were discovered by Welk, his son (who later went on to date one of them) and Welks dad.
When the youngest Janet turned 12 her voice changed and the act took off.

Every Sunday morning, the devoutely religious, entire 11 kid Lennon family made it to services. Sisters in hats and gloves.
The Lennon sisters were Gospel singers & they mostly held on to that - which I think is why their success was moderate. Sometimes they would tour locally in the west with Ray Charles.

I think they were the reason that gave the Welk show longetivity. I couldnt handle watching it. It was kinda of my kids state of mind thinking how long can I take this when my great grandmother had it on TV?

If you like Jazz or blues, try downloading the Lennon Sisters tune: 88 blues/ Sentimental Journey. It really shows their tallent.

Two of the sisters are (were?) 3 par scratch golfers (womans course).
My grandmother used to say they'd be sucessfull at anything that they did.

Edited by Trailer Park Casanova on Mar. 20 2005,7:08 am

Stupid is Supposed to Hurt
| Member # 276 | Joined: 12-07-2003 |
26 replies since Mar. 11 2005,2:01 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Pages: 1 [2] 

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]
add a reply to this topic create a new topic create a new poll

navbarlogo
The Colorado River WebRing
‹ Prev | Hub | Like | Join | Surprise | Next ›

Please help keep HDF free. If you enjoy this site, feel free to make a donation to keep it running. THANKS!