Latest Posts:
flame4-19-2024 Three Word Post.....The Next Generation.... (Rep.#18,892) from: BigDogflameflame4-19-2024 The Totally Useless Thread IV (Rep.#16) from: BigDogflameflame4-19-2024 Gas price in your area (Rep.#7,181) from: GoFastRacerflameflame4-19-2024 Brrrr (Rep.#14,831) from: GoFastRacerflameflame4-01-2024 The Totally Useless Thread III (Rep.#11,248) from: Havasu Dougflame
No members are browsing this topic
Forum Led by: BigDog, RiverLiver

450 pages  << < > >>

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]
create a new topic create a new poll
GoFastRacerMale Offline
HDF Supporter
V-Driver For Life!
50,000 post flame10,000 post flame1,000 post flame1,000 post flame100 post flame100 post flame100 post flame
Big River, Ca
APPD 8.08
Post Rank: 1
Spectra20
Post Icon Posted: Feb. 15 2019,4:54 am Post # 9126 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Yeah, sure did slow it down and along with the servo motor it'll crawl real easy, way more controllable than with a clutch motor. :good
Got the pulley coated yesterday, looks a lot better now. :D  :good

Attached Image
Attached Image

website  | Member # 101 | Joined: 3-03-2003 |
BigDogMale Offline

Not Float'n Enuff
10,000 post flame10,000 post flame1,000 post flame1,000 post flame1,000 post flame1,000 post flame100 post flame100 post flame
Phoenix, AZ
APPD 3.53
Post Rank: 3
'99 Searay 210 Sundeck
Post Icon Posted: Feb. 15 2019,8:13 am Post # 9127 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Looks good!!!  I like the bobbin tray. I'll have to look into that for mine.
| Member # 1527 | Joined: 6-23-2005 |
GoFastRacerMale Offline
HDF Supporter
V-Driver For Life!
50,000 post flame10,000 post flame1,000 post flame1,000 post flame100 post flame100 post flame100 post flame
Big River, Ca
APPD 8.08
Spectra20
Post Icon Posted: Feb. 16 2019,4:41 am Post # 9128 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Thanks :good  The bobbin tray came already mounted in the table it is pretty handy, probably could get it separately I would think.

Went to Tandy yesterday, that place is really cool, this one is fairly small but they still have a lot of stuff, they have a huge selection of material, stuff is a bit pricey but it's top quality stuff, gonna have to some practicing on junk vinyl before I jump into leather, don't want to be turning that stuff into scrap. :eek  :laugh
Carrera EliteMale Offline
Libra
HDF Supporter

10,000 post flame10,000 post flame10,000 post flame10,000 post flame1,000 post flame1,000 post flame1,000 post flame1,000 post flame100 post flame
Glendale,AZ
APPD 5.65
Post Rank: 2
1990 Carrera 23.5 Classic
Post Icon Posted: Feb. 17 2019,7:04 pm Post # 9129 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Quote (BigDog @ Feb. 11 2019,11:51 am)
Quote (BigDog @ Feb. 05 2019,10:59 am)
Quote (Carrera Elite @ Feb. 02 2019,5:05 pm)
Try TAD... It's A Driveshaft Shop Owned By Dean Adams, Who We Went To School With. He Also Owns Automotive Commercial Repair (ACR), And They Are In The Same Building Just North Of I-17 And Deer Valley Rd.

Realy!!?? I did not know that. I need to get the chevy squared away before I can take the Taco apart. It is so random when it doesn't want to start. It didn't want to start Saturday morning. I jacked it up crawled under and had Gina turn the key. Stupid thing started. And has been :banghead   So I'm going to connect a light to the solenoid connector. That way I can tell if it's getting power or not when it plays it's game. Getting power it's the starter. No power Something upstream.

Due to weather on Saturday I couldn't work on he Chevy to much. Doesn't seem to be getting power to the starter. I checked and swapped out relays and that didn't do any good. Neutral safety switch I'm not sure of. Tried testing a couple of the wires and not really sure what goes to the starter. I do have 3 that get power when the key is turned to start and die when in the run position. I have one with power all the time when key is in run position. Before I went that rout, the truck wouldn't start in any gear I put it in. That's as much as I got done due to the weather and I had to get the yard cleaned up. Was looking pretty sad after all the rain

Sounds Like The PRNDL Switch ......Try Repacing It....The Adjustment Can Be Fun....But Really Not That Big Of A Deal.... When You Have A Problem With The Chev.... Give Me A Call.....I Have Messed Around With One Or Two.... :rolleyes .....

Sarcasim, Just one more thing that I offer for free!!
I've Reached The Age Where Happy Hour Is A Nap!!

WWW.StormPokerRuns.Com

| Member # 8 | Joined: 12-04-2002 |
BigDogMale Offline

Not Float'n Enuff
10,000 post flame10,000 post flame1,000 post flame1,000 post flame1,000 post flame1,000 post flame100 post flame100 post flame
Phoenix, AZ
APPD 3.53
'99 Searay 210 Sundeck
Post Icon Posted: Feb. 18 2019,9:34 am Post # 9130 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Quote (Carrera Elite @ Feb. 17 2019,8:04 pm)
Try TAD... It's A Driveshaft Shop Owned By Dean Adams, Who We Went To School With. He Also Owns Automotive Commercial Repair (ACR), And They Are In The Same Building Just North Of I-17 And Deer Valley Rd.

Realy!!?? I did not know that. I need to get the chevy squared away before I can take the Taco apart. It is so random when it doesn't want to start. It didn't want to start Saturday morning. I jacked it up crawled under and had Gina turn the key. Stupid thing started. And has been :banghead   So I'm going to connect a light to the solenoid connector. That way I can tell if it's getting power or not when it plays it's game. Getting power it's the starter. No power Something upstream.

Due to weather on Saturday I couldn't work on he Chevy to much. Doesn't seem to be getting power to the starter. I checked and swapped out relays and that didn't do any good. Neutral safety switch I'm not sure of. Tried testing a couple of the wires and not really sure what goes to the starter. I do have 3 that get power when the key is turned to start and die when in the run position. I have one with power all the time when key is in run position. Before I went that rout, the truck wouldn't start in any gear I put it in. That's as much as I got done due to the weather and I had to get the yard cleaned up. Was looking pretty sad after all the rain

Sounds Like The PRNDL Switch ......Try Repacing It....The Adjustment Can Be Fun....But Really Not That Big Of A Deal.... When You Have A Problem With The Chev.... Give Me A Call.....I Have Messed Around With One Or Two.... :rolleyes .....

I have been told it could be that or ground. I was going to work on it over the weekend but something bit my a$$ and I have been down for the count since friday. Also been told that replacing the PRNDL switch most times the plug breaks along with the old switch. I guess there is no way to save either one, just plan on replacing.
BigDogMale Offline

Not Float'n Enuff
Phoenix, AZ
APPD 3.53
'99 Searay 210 Sundeck
Post Icon Posted: Feb. 18 2019,9:38 am Post # 9131 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Quote (GoFastRacer @ Feb. 16 2019,5:41 am)
Thanks :good  The bobbin tray came already mounted in the table it is pretty handy, probably could get it separately I would think.

Went to Tandy yesterday, that place is really cool, this one is fairly small but they still have a lot of stuff, they have a huge selection of material, stuff is a bit pricey but it's top quality stuff, gonna have to some practicing on junk vinyl before I jump into leather, don't want to be turning that stuff into scrap. :eek  :laugh

I wanted to go around the corner over the weekend but been down all weekend. If you have some scrap around or can get your hands on some for real cheep that's the best way to get use to it and know what the machine will do. When mine sits for awhile that's what I will do to make sure everything is working good before I dive into anything.
Libra
HDF Supporter

10,000 post flame10,000 post flame10,000 post flame10,000 post flame1,000 post flame1,000 post flame1,000 post flame1,000 post flame100 post flame
Glendale,AZ
APPD 5.65
Post Icon Posted: Feb. 18 2019,9:21 pm Post # 9132 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Quote (BigDog @ Feb. 18 2019,9:34 am)

I have been told it could be that or ground. I was going to work on it over the weekend but something bit my a$$ and I have been down for the count since friday. Also been told that replacing the PRNDL switch most times the plug breaks along with the old switch. I guess there is no way to save either one, just plan on replacing.

Heat The Connector And The Switch With A Blow Dryer..... They Use A Glue When It's Put Together At The Factory...

WWW.StormPokerRuns.Com

GoFastRacerMale Offline
HDF Supporter
V-Driver For Life!
Big River, Ca
APPD 8.08
Spectra20
Post Icon Posted: Feb. 19 2019,4:38 am Post # 9133 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Quote (BigDog @ Feb. 18 2019,9:38 am)

I wanted to go around the corner over the weekend but been down all weekend. If you have some scrap around or can get your hands on some for real cheep that's the best way to get use to it and know what the machine will do. When mine sits for awhile that's what I will do to make sure everything is working good before I dive into anything.

That sucks, hope you feel better soon... Yeah, that's what I plan to do, wife said she has some thick vinyl I can play with, think I'll start by making a cover for it and one for my mini-lathe, that'll give some practice. :good
BigDogMale Offline

Not Float'n Enuff
Phoenix, AZ
APPD 3.53
'99 Searay 210 Sundeck
Post Icon Posted: Feb. 19 2019,8:54 am Post # 9134 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Quote (GoFastRacer @ Feb. 19 2019,5:38 am)
Quote (BigDog @ Feb. 18 2019,9:38 am)

That sucks, hope you feel better soon... Yeah, that's what I plan to do, wife said she has some thick vinyl I can play with, think I'll start by making a cover for it and one for my mini-lathe, that'll give some practice. :good

There you go.  :good
BigDogMale Offline

Not Float'n Enuff
Phoenix, AZ
APPD 3.53
'99 Searay 210 Sundeck
Post Icon Posted: Feb. 19 2019,8:55 am Post # 9135 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Quote (Carrera Elite @ Feb. 18 2019,10:21 pm)

Heat The Connector And The Switch With A Blow Dryer..... They Use A Glue When It's Put Together At The Factory...

How about a heat gun on low and carefull
Libra
HDF Supporter

Glendale,AZ
APPD 5.65
Post Icon Posted: Feb. 19 2019,4:36 pm Post # 9136 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Quote (BigDog @ Feb. 19 2019,8:55 am)
Quote (Carrera Elite @ Feb. 18 2019,10:21 pm)

How about a heat gun on low and carefull

:good

WWW.StormPokerRuns.Com

GoFastRacerMale Offline
HDF Supporter
V-Driver For Life!
Big River, Ca
APPD 8.08
Spectra20
Post Icon Posted: Feb. 20 2019,4:36 am Post # 9137 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Look what I just picked up for $300, runs great. :good  :D

Attached Image
Attached Image

GoFastRacerMale Offline
HDF Supporter
V-Driver For Life!
Big River, Ca
APPD 8.08
Spectra20
Post Icon Posted: Feb. 20 2019,4:38 am Post # 9138 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

:D

Attached Image
Attached Image

BigDogMale Offline

Not Float'n Enuff
Phoenix, AZ
APPD 3.53
'99 Searay 210 Sundeck
Post Icon Posted: Feb. 20 2019,10:47 am Post # 9139 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Redo the seats and clean it up and flip for a few hundy.  :good    Or terrorize the hood  :D   :laugh

Those seats will be a piece of cake to do. So many things you can do cheap and they will look great. Gas carts around here that are running are no less than $2k

Edited by BigDog on Feb. 20 2019,10:55 am
GoFastRacerMale Offline
HDF Supporter
V-Driver For Life!
Big River, Ca
APPD 8.08
Spectra20
Post Icon Posted: Feb. 21 2019,4:48 am Post # 9140 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Yeah, figure it shouldn't be too hard to redo the seats, even for a newbie :laugh This one is electric but I have to clean and re wire it there's a lot of corrosion, it's a 95 and all original and had minimal service if any at all. Not gonna flip it though, gonna $hit can the back seat and mount about a 20gal sprayer on the back and a battery on the bottom and use it to spray the whole place down a couple times a year. If I could win the Powerball I'd concrete the whole fkn place. :laugh
BigDogMale Offline

Not Float'n Enuff
Phoenix, AZ
APPD 3.53
'99 Searay 210 Sundeck
Post Icon Posted: Feb. 21 2019,9:04 am Post # 9141 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

I thought it was gas.  :laugh   Should make a great yard sprayer for sure. We acquired one for the Drag Program that's electric. Had to do a lot of work to it but it sure helps out the O'l legs running around all day/night. I'll try to get pic's next trip to the track.
GoFastRacerMale Offline
HDF Supporter
V-Driver For Life!
Big River, Ca
APPD 8.08
Spectra20
Post Icon Posted: Feb. 22 2019,4:41 am Post # 9142 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

I thought about getting a gas one, but since it's gonna sit a lot more than it will be used, I don't feel like dealing with the maintenance of cleaning and draining the system all the time, found a place on E-Gay that sells wire in bulk for a pretty good price, shouldn't take much to rewire it. :good
BigDogMale Offline

Not Float'n Enuff
Phoenix, AZ
APPD 3.53
'99 Searay 210 Sundeck
Post Icon Posted: Mar. 04 2019,10:44 am Post # 9143 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Didn't get much done over the weekend. Got the coils and their mounts off the chevy. Also was able to get the Neutral safety switch unplugged with out killing anything. Used a little heat like CE suggested and the plugs popped right out.  :good   Saturday picked up a new switch while out running around in the rain. Spent late afternoon cleaning up the coils and the mounting rails. I'm going to try to get one valve cover off and back on this evening and the other tomorrow. Hopefully get the neutral switch replaced by the end of the week. I would like to try to get to the boat this weekend and possibly get the taco in the shop next week.  Clock is ticking!!!  :eek   :laugh
GoFastRacerMale Offline
HDF Supporter
V-Driver For Life!
Big River, Ca
APPD 8.08
Spectra20
Post Icon Posted: Mar. 05 2019,4:45 am Post # 9144 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Well, you got the worst part done anyhow removing and cleaning, things go a lot smoother when it's all cleaned up. :good  Didn't get too much done either, had running around taking care of $hit that was put off too long. :banghead Also found out I need to replace the gas tank and power steering pump in the Nova, got them ordered and should be here Thursday, I'll get them in over the weekend. :good
BigDogMale Offline

Not Float'n Enuff
Phoenix, AZ
APPD 3.53
'99 Searay 210 Sundeck
Post Icon Posted: Mar. 05 2019,9:14 am Post # 9145 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Gas Tank??  What happen to that?

I got the right side valve cover off, cleaned up and back on and that side back together last evening.  Not getting anything done this evening since I need to go make a showing at the ADRA meeting.
GoFastRacerMale Offline
HDF Supporter
V-Driver For Life!
Big River, Ca
APPD 8.08
Spectra20
Post Icon Posted: Mar. 06 2019,4:43 am Post # 9146 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Sprung a leak somewhere, went out in the shop and got a whiff of gas, started looking around and  couldn't find anything, walked under the car(it's on the lift out of the way)and looked up and spotted a wet spot on the bottom of the tank by the strap, probably leaking at the seam and running down, at least this one is easy to to replace especially on the lift. :good
BigDogMale Offline

Not Float'n Enuff
Phoenix, AZ
APPD 3.53
'99 Searay 210 Sundeck
Post Icon Posted: Mar. 06 2019,8:10 am Post # 9147 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

OH Crap!!!  That's not good. Have to agree, That tank will be easy to replace.  :good
GoFastRacerMale Offline
HDF Supporter
V-Driver For Life!
Big River, Ca
APPD 8.08
Spectra20
Post Icon Posted: Mar. 07 2019,4:34 am Post # 9148 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Nope not good at all, probably should change the sending unit at the same time, with my luck it would take a $hit next week.. :rolleyes  :laugh
BigDogMale Offline

Not Float'n Enuff
Phoenix, AZ
APPD 3.53
'99 Searay 210 Sundeck
Post Icon Posted: Mar. 07 2019,9:17 am Post # 9149 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

:laugh   yep!! never fails. Fix one thing and not something ells related and that craps out soon after.  :rolleyes
BigDogMale Offline

Not Float'n Enuff
Phoenix, AZ
APPD 3.53
'99 Searay 210 Sundeck
Post Icon Posted: Mar. 07 2019,9:30 am Post # 9150 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Got the valve covers done and back together on the chevy. Going to try to get the neutral Safety Switch in it this evening. Was looking at pulling the drive on the boat this weekend, but don't want that all open with all the rain coming in next week. Maybe I can get the Taco in and get that done next week before the rearend pukes for good and kills something ells.
11248 replies since June 29 2009,9:13 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >
450 pages  << < > >>

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]
create a new topic create a new poll

navbarlogo
The Colorado River WebRing
‹ Prev | Hub | Like | Join | Surprise | Next ›

Please help keep HDF free. If you enjoy this site, feel free to make a donation to keep it running. THANKS!