Latest Posts:
flame5-01-2024 Three Word Post.....The Next Generation.... (Rep.#18,909) from: GoFastRacerflameflame4-29-2024 The Totally Useless Thread IV (Rep.#23) from: GoFastRacerflameflame4-29-2024 Brrrr (Rep.#14,838) from: GoFastRacerflameflame4-29-2024 Gas price in your area (Rep.#7,183) from: GoFastRacerflameflame4-01-2024 The Totally Useless Thread III (Rep.#11,248) from: Havasu Dougflame
No members are browsing this topic
Forum Led by: knuckle head

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]
add a reply to this topic create a new topic create a new poll
Big Wake JakeMale Offline

Boatless

Calif
APPD 0.00
Post Rank: 237
Post Icon Posted: Oct. 26 2003,5:07 am Post # 1 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Last year, my daughter spent the entire duneing season with Mono, and piles of schoolwork and homework to keep up in class.

In PJ's with a heavy robe and slippers, she'd make it out to a beach chair by the campfire at night for a break.

That was as close as she got to the dunes and having any fun all Sand Season. And not much fun at all being sick and all.

One trip, A hugh Prevost motorhome towing a toybox pulled up next to out site at Dumont. No other campers for miles,, but they pull up next to us.

It was one of those beautiful custom everything rigs we all remark about.

The door opened and out stepped several boys my daughters age that she remarked were 'Soap Opera Cute". In other words, good looking boys.

She darted back into the RV and I could hear the Generator pick up speed meaning the curling iron was plugged in. The generator had hit "flirting speed". My daughter threw on some makeup, cute clothes,, and asked me to ride her over to their campsite, and for me to start conversation with the parents.
Before I knew it, the boys were sitting by our campfire and my daughter had served them Red Bulls and snacks.

Maid Marian with all the Robin Hoods.

This was a very wealthy family from Canada, and were super people. They had bought New Honda Quads and this was their first venture onto the dunes. They were camping their way down the state to the famous Glamis Dunes.

They stayed a few extra days because of great weather , havaing an excellent, and their sons friends wanting to hang out with my daughter.

Best time she ever had at the dunes she says. It was the first smiles I saw from her since she contracted Mono months earlier.

She has the PSII game with a light up dance floor called dance revolution. Ya follow the dancers on the screen and the lit up spot on the dance floor at the same time,, the kids love the thing.

MY RV is big enough to accomodate it and the daughter and her girlfriends are good at getting boys their age from around the dunes in to dance with them on it. Girls love dancing, boys love cute girls,, so they fall in and dance together.

Bizarre, I'm near Death Valley camping with a light up dance floor with music, satelite TV, cell phone,,, forced air heat,,,
good food, cold beer, full bar,, in the middle of nowhere.

What a country.

We fired up our quads and took them for a tour of Dumont and all had a blast.

The Goldmines, Speary Creek run, the Manson Family House, the Gold Mines, and "The Wall". Dumonts Competition Hill.
It's Dumonts version of the SandBar and is super. Not like the Chaos at Glamis Comp Hill, just a really fun place at night.

I had tickets for my daughter and her friends to see "No Doubt" at the Hard Rock in Vegas that weekend so more girls joined us, and it had to be one of the best dune trips ever.

Every trip to the Dunes is a new adventure,, it gets better every time.

Now,, if the heat would just break and we can get the Sand Season underway.

Edited by Big Wake Jake on Oct. 26 2003,7:53 pm

"Being Fearless, Doesn't Mean Being Stupid"
| Member # 196 | Joined: 8-27-2003 |
0 replies since Oct. 26 2003,5:07 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]
add a reply to this topic create a new topic create a new poll

navbarlogo
The Colorado River WebRing
‹ Prev | Hub | Like | Join | Surprise | Next ›

Please help keep HDF free. If you enjoy this site, feel free to make a donation to keep it running. THANKS!