Latest Posts:
flame4-18-2024 Three Word Post.....The Next Generation.... (Rep.#18,887) from: BigDogflameflame4-18-2024 Gas price in your area (Rep.#7,180) from: BigDogflameflame4-18-2024 Brrrr (Rep.#14,830) from: BigDogflameflame4-18-2024 The Totally Useless Thread IV (Rep.#14) from: BigDogflameflame4-01-2024 The Totally Useless Thread III (Rep.#11,248) from: Havasu Dougflame
No members are browsing this topic
Forum Led by: miller19j, shueman

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]
add a reply to this topic create a new topic create a new poll
BarryMacMale Offline
Libra
HDF Bronze Supporter
Lower River Junkie
1,000 post flame1,000 post flame500 post flame100 post flame
N. San Diego & Lake Martinez
APPD 0.39
Post Rank: 24
'01 Carrera 202XR Squirter..
Post Icon Posted: Mar. 31 2006,1:05 pm Post # 51 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Quote (MrCord @ Mar. 31 2006,12:57 pm)
Hey guys...

Lets be a little fair here... I pull wakeboarders, skiers, tubbers, etc all day long behind my JET with no problems....  3200 RPM...  Just like with a prop boat, you can change the rpm to plane...  

Now given that my jet is a 21' semi-v jet but It handles chop and pulling with ease...

And I have a Place diverter and I dont even have to changeit pulling..  Just leave it full down and you get a bigger wake for wakeboarders...  Neutral and you are set for tubbers

I concur MrCord, my boat pulls skiers really good and my daughter loves to tube behind it, in fact my neighbor whom I took to the river with me last year said that my boat was the best boat that he has ever skied behind, well at least until he got cocky and I raised the roost just a hair... :D :D

RIVER! If you have to ask you wont understand...
| Member # 1796 | Joined: 9-29-2005 |
TuchopMale Offline
Gemini
HDF Supporter
Simple Chimp
1,000 post flame100 post flame100 post flame100 post flame
APPD 0.19
Post Rank: 37
Boatless
Post Icon Posted: Mar. 31 2006,1:21 pm Post # 52 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Quote (stingray @ Mar. 30 2006,10:25 am)
it's all about the wake, and in a jet to dredge around is a 4500 rpm deal.

so if you want a jet get one but know what you are getting into.

if you want to plane and go fast trim tabs help but with a jet I think a place diverter or jetovator takes the place of tabs,

I think???? :good

Hey guys...

Lets be a little fair here... I pull wakeboarders, skiers, tubbers, etc all day long behind my JET with no problems....  3200 RPM...  Just like with a prop boat, you can change the rpm to plane...  

Now given that my jet is a 21' semi-v jet but It handles chop and pulling with ease...

And I have a Place diverter and I dont even have to changeit pulling..  Just leave it full down and you get a bigger wake for wakeboarders...  Neutral and you are set for tubbers

GFR had said that when towing slower like kids in the tube the steering would be bad due to the lack of rpm and if you use the diverter to get the bow down so you can see what you are doing it would eat you alive in the gas dept. MrCord how do you do on fuel?
| Member # 1336 | Joined: 4-20-2005 |
TuchopMale Offline
Gemini
HDF Supporter
Simple Chimp
APPD 0.19
Boatless
Post Icon Posted: Mar. 31 2006,6:19 pm Post # 53 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Quote (gjb @ Mar. 31 2006,1:05 pm)
Hey guys...

I concur MrCord, my boat pulls skiers really good and my daughter loves to tube behind it, in fact my neighbor whom I took to the river with me last year said that my boat was the best boat that he has ever skied behind, well at least until he got cocky and I raised the roost just a hair... :D :D

GJB how much fuel does your Carrera go thru during a day of skiing and pulling the tube? Does your have a BBC and a Berkley?

Edited by Tuchop on Mar. 31 2006,6:20 pm
MrCordMale Offline
Libra
HDF Silver Supporter
In need of a River Trip!
1,000 post flame1,000 post flame100 post flame
Irvine Ca
APPD 0.31
Post Rank: 30
28' Magic H-Deck
Post Icon Posted: Mar. 31 2006,7:43 pm Post # 54 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Quote (Tuchop @ Mar. 31 2006,1:21 pm)

if you want to plane and go fast trim tabs help but with a jet I think a place diverter or jetovator takes the place of tabs,

Hey guys...

GFR had said that when towing slower like kids in the tube the steering would be bad due to the lack of rpm and if you use the diverter to get the bow down so you can see what you are doing it would eat you alive in the gas dept. MrCord how do you do on fuel?

Well Im not going to say that a jet gets better gas mileage...  But I have a B impeller and i Burn about 30-35 gallons a day...  Thats lots go towing people, and cruizing at 50-55 from needles to sand bar and back etc...  

THere are pros and conns with both but I really love my jet, and you are welcome to jump aboard if ya want to check it out and drive for yourself :good  BTW I have a 496 BBC and a Berkeley Jet Drive (and a heavy right foot)

Edited by MrCord on Mar. 31 2006,7:44 pm

Never Trust Anyone That Talks Too Fast.... They are hoping you miss something!
| Member # 1117 | Joined: 3-01-2005 |
MrCordMale Offline
Libra
HDF Silver Supporter
In need of a River Trip!
Irvine Ca
APPD 0.31
28' Magic H-Deck
Post Icon Posted: Mar. 31 2006,7:45 pm Post # 55 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

But on a side note... I just rebuilt my jet and I now get 30% better gas mileage!!!

MrCordMale Offline
Libra
HDF Silver Supporter
In need of a River Trip!
Irvine Ca
APPD 0.31
28' Magic H-Deck
Post Icon Posted: Mar. 31 2006,7:48 pm Post # 56 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Hey guys...

Also, towing slow has no effect on the stearing!  A jet Turns as long as there is any-foot on the gas!!!  I can turn sharper than my buddies 21 foot Malibu roll bar boat!!!  Its a sick boat but it cost 53k and myne was 7k plus a 5k motor(once the other one BLEW UP)  So its a trade off!!!

This might confuse you more or make things a little clearer :beer

TuchopMale Offline
Gemini
HDF Supporter
Simple Chimp
APPD 0.19
Boatless
Post Icon Posted: Mar. 31 2006,8:52 pm Post # 57 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

The more info the better, Thanks  :good

The heavy right foot was an important point cuz I also suffer fm the affliction  :D
GoFastRacerMale Offline
HDF Supporter
V-Driver For Life!
50,000 post flame10,000 post flame1,000 post flame1,000 post flame100 post flame100 post flame100 post flame
Big River, Ca
APPD 8.08
Post Rank: 1
Spectra20
Post Icon Posted: April 01 2006,8:35 pm Post # 58 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

:eek  :eek Wow, I can't believe what I'm reading here, I don't want to piss in anybody's corn flakes and start a war and make enemies on facts, so I'm leaving this one alone completely!.. :rolleyes  :laugh
website  | Member # 101 | Joined: 3-03-2003 |
stingrayMale Offline
Aquarius
HDF Silver Supporter
Troublemaker

1,000 post flame1,000 post flame1,000 post flame1,000 post flame
parker
APPD 0.59
Post Rank: 18
Post Icon Posted: April 02 2006,6:42 pm Post # 59 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Quote (MrCord @ Mar. 31 2006,7:48 pm)

Hey guys...

Also, towing slow has no effect on the stearing!  A jet Turns as long as there is any-foot on the gas!!!  I can turn sharper than my buddies 21 foot Malibu roll bar boat!!!  Its a sick boat but it cost 53k and myne was 7k plus a 5k motor(once the other one BLEW UP)  So its a trade off!!!

the rest I will leave alone but as far as turning, Bring it on, not a BS jet boat slide around , an honest grab an edge throw your ass out of the boat turn.at about 20 to 30 mph it will flat turn inside of it's oun width.

no foot throttle forward reverse jet games. set the throttle at 20 to 30 and grap the wheel and crank to the lock. you can't beat a boat with 3 skags and an engine in the dead center compared to a jet

the rest is prefrence, I would rather not have the marbles under my feet, but I have seen many of both doing a fine job.

| Member # 1275 | Joined: 4-03-2005 |
MrCordMale Offline
Libra
HDF Silver Supporter
In need of a River Trip!
Irvine Ca
APPD 0.31
28' Magic H-Deck
Post Icon Posted: April 03 2006,8:10 am Post # 60 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Quote (GoFastRacer @ April 01 2006,8:35 pm)
:eek  :eek Wow, I can't believe what I'm reading here, I don't want to piss in anybody's corn flakes and start a war and make enemies on facts, so I'm leaving this one alone completely!.. :rolleyes  :laugh

I agree... I dont want to get into this debate  :banghead

I guess its just a matter of preference!   :beer

Ok now 1,2,3 Drink!!!! :drink

stingrayMale Offline
Aquarius
HDF Silver Supporter
Troublemaker

parker
APPD 0.59
Post Icon Posted: April 03 2006,8:23 am Post # 61 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Quote (MrCord @ April 03 2006,8:10 am)

If it floats and we can have some beers, it's a good boat.
:beer  :beer  :beer

And if I see you on the river I would gladly offer up!
:good  :beer  :good  :beer

MrCordMale Offline
Libra
HDF Silver Supporter
In need of a River Trip!
Irvine Ca
APPD 0.31
28' Magic H-Deck
Post Icon Posted: April 03 2006,8:29 am Post # 62 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Quote (stingray @ April 02 2006,6:42 pm)
Quote (MrCord @ Mar. 31 2006,7:48 pm)

Hey guys...

the rest I will leave alone but as far as turning, Bring it on, not a BS jet boat slide around , an honest grab an edge throw your ass out of the boat turn.at about 20 to 30 mph it will flat turn inside of it's oun width.

no foot throttle forward reverse jet games. set the throttle at 20 to 30 and grap the wheel and crank to the lock. you can't beat a boat with 3 skags and an engine in the dead center compared to a jet

the rest is prefrence, I would rather not have the marbles under my feet, but I have seen many of both doing a fine job.

There you are right..  But when I am towing, the only time I turn 180 is when someone falls...  That being the case I let off the throttle and whip around..  I could never make a sharp on edge turn at those speeds...

MrCordMale Offline
Libra
HDF Silver Supporter
In need of a River Trip!
Irvine Ca
APPD 0.31
28' Magic H-Deck
Post Icon Posted: April 03 2006,8:30 am Post # 63 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Quote (stingray @ April 03 2006,8:23 am)
Quote (MrCord @ April 03 2006,8:10 am)

If it floats and we can have some beers, it's a good boat.
:beer  :beer  :beer

And if I see you on the river I would gladly offer up!
:good  :beer  :good  :beer

Cheers!!!  I look forward to taking you up on that offer!!! :beer

MrCordMale Offline
Libra
HDF Silver Supporter
In need of a River Trip!
Irvine Ca
APPD 0.31
28' Magic H-Deck
Post Icon Posted: April 03 2006,8:35 am Post # 64 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

And no matter what kind of boat I am being towed by... THis is usually the result  :drink

Attached Image
Attached Image

stingrayMale Offline
Aquarius
HDF Silver Supporter
Troublemaker

parker
APPD 0.59
Post Icon Posted: April 03 2006,9:10 am Post # 65 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Me too, but no one has been quick enough to catch me on film yet :rotflmao  :rotflmao

GlassManMale Offline
Pisces
HDF Silver Supporter
Redondo Crew
5,000 post flame500 post flame100 post flame100 post flame
Redondo Beach, California, USA
APPD 0.79
Post Rank: 13
Post Icon Posted: April 04 2006,10:59 am Post # 66 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Don't get me wrong, I have a jet too, but the died in the wool skiers are very pertickular about how they git towed....I know a few of 'em. ;)

I pull the kids wakeboarding, tubing, etc. all the time (I have the gas reciepts to prove it - they never want to stop!;)

I even have one of those Manta Ray flying tubes! It's a blast.
My daughter is so light she gets up about 25' or so :eek

It's a fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday, even the Calendar says : WTF .......
| Member # 617 | Joined: 4-29-2004 |
GlassManMale Offline
Pisces
HDF Silver Supporter
Redondo Crew
5,000 post flame500 post flame100 post flame100 post flame
Redondo Beach, California, USA
APPD 0.79
Post Rank: 13
Post Icon Posted: April 04 2006,11:04 am Post # 67 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

hmmm, might help if I read all the way through page 3 before I reply to something on page two, huh? :beat

Anyway, it's all about the fun! And afterall, gas is just one of the many liquids we all use to achieve it! :beer

It's a fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday, even the Calendar says : WTF .......
| Member # 617 | Joined: 4-29-2004 |
MrCordMale Offline
Libra
HDF Silver Supporter
In need of a River Trip!
Irvine Ca
APPD 0.31
28' Magic H-Deck
Post Icon Posted: April 04 2006,11:14 am Post # 68 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Quote (GlassMan @ April 04 2006,10:59 am)
Don't get me wrong, I have a jet too, but the died in the wool skiers are very pertickular about how they git towed....I know a few of 'em. ;)

I pull the kids wakeboarding, tubing, etc. all the time (I have the gas reciepts to prove it - they never want to stop!;)

I even have one of those Manta Ray flying tubes! It's a blast.
My daughter is so light she gets up about 25' or so :eek

I have been wanting to try one of those!  Or at least tow someone on them!  But they are huge (I saw on inflated at West Marine)

Got any pics?????

MrCordMale Offline
Libra
HDF Silver Supporter
In need of a River Trip!
Irvine Ca
APPD 0.31
28' Magic H-Deck
Post Icon Posted: April 04 2006,11:17 am Post # 69 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Ohh.... And you you think someone mysize would lift off in one of those??? (230lbs)

Most of my friends are in the 160-170 range :stupid

Ive given up on Big Rich though (6'6' 295lbs) the boat just laughs at me!!!

stingrayMale Offline
Aquarius
HDF Silver Supporter
Troublemaker

parker
APPD 0.59
Post Icon Posted: April 04 2006,8:48 pm Post # 70 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Quote (MrCord @ April 04 2006,11:17 am)
Ohh.... And you you think someone mysize would lift off in one of those??? (230lbs)

That thing is 11' wide I think, I'll bet I could get you to fly :bebe  :eek  :rotflmao

TuchopMale Offline
Gemini
HDF Supporter
Simple Chimp
APPD 0.19
Boatless
Post Icon Posted: April 04 2006,9:47 pm Post # 71 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Quote (stingray @ April 04 2006,8:48 pm)

That thing is 11' wide I think, I'll bet I could get you to fly :bebe  :eek  :rotflmao

I don't think I've seen one of those  :confused
stingrayMale Offline
Aquarius
HDF Silver Supporter
Troublemaker

parker
APPD 0.59
Post Icon Posted: April 05 2006,12:38 am Post # 72 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Quote (Tuchop @ April 04 2006,9:47 pm)
Quote (stingray @ April 04 2006,8:48 pm)

I don't think I've seen one of those  :confused

Off the O :good vertons link

Attached Image
Attached Image

MrCordMale Offline
Libra
HDF Silver Supporter
In need of a River Trip!
Irvine Ca
APPD 0.31
28' Magic H-Deck
Post Icon Posted: April 05 2006,8:11 am Post # 73 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Im curious how fast do you tow???  The normal 20-30 or like 45?

Ohh and can you stear in the air?  That looks fun  :good

stingrayMale Offline
Aquarius
HDF Silver Supporter
Troublemaker

parker
APPD 0.59
Post Icon Posted: April 05 2006,8:26 am Post # 74 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Quote (MrCord @ April 05 2006,8:11 am)

On the tubes, even with me 6 year old it's 20+ but not the big whips, with you, to get air I'm willing to give it my all :bebe  :eek  :good  :good  :rotflmao  :D

We would start at 45 and work up from there.  :plane  :D

MrCordMale Offline
Libra
HDF Silver Supporter
In need of a River Trip!
Irvine Ca
APPD 0.31
28' Magic H-Deck
Post Icon Posted: April 05 2006,9:57 am Post # 75 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Quote (stingray @ April 05 2006,8:26 am)
Quote (MrCord @ April 05 2006,8:11 am)

On the tubes, even with me 6 year old it's 20+ but not the big whips, with you, to get air I'm willing to give it my all :bebe  :eek  :good  :good  :rotflmao  :D

We would start at 45 and work up from there.  :plane  :D

Im game!!! Lets do it!!  

I like to tow people and whip them.. but dont like to be whipped... I will try flying though :)  

We can take bets to see what MPH it will take to get my fat-ass of the water  :beer

78 replies since Mar. 09 2006,10:29 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]
add a reply to this topic create a new topic create a new poll

navbarlogo
The Colorado River WebRing
‹ Prev | Hub | Like | Join | Surprise | Next ›

Please help keep HDF free. If you enjoy this site, feel free to make a donation to keep it running. THANKS!