Latest Posts:
flame5-18-2024 Three Word Post.....The Next Generation.... (Rep.#18,958) from: GoFastRacerflameflame5-18-2024 The Totally Useless Thread IV (Rep.#35) from: GoFastRacerflameflame5-18-2024 Gas price in your area (Rep.#7,189) from: GoFastRacerflameflame5-18-2024 Brrrr (Rep.#14,846) from: GoFastRacerflameflame4-01-2024 The Totally Useless Thread III (Rep.#11,248) from: Havasu Dougflame
No members are browsing this topic
Forum Led by: knuckle head

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]
add a reply to this topic create a new topic create a new poll
gearheadMale Offline

Boater
100 post flame
Canada
APPD 0.02
Post Rank: 138
Post Icon Posted: July 21 2009,11:53 pm Post # 1 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Hey Ken
We are getting our schedules set for our next few visits.   :good
Looking like we will be in Havi:
Aug 4-5
Sept 19-26
Nov 8-11
Maybe one of these dates matches up with yours. Looking forward to feeling some heat. It FINALLY warmed up here! Good thing, its almost August and in a month we start cooling down!!!!!!!!!!!!  :beat

Terry

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and then defeat you with experience.
| Member # 3169 | Joined: 9-26-2007 |
WATERDOGMale Offline
Gemini
HDF Silver Supporter
Don't Bother Me, I'm in Havi
10,000 post flame100 post flame100 post flame
MENIFEE, CA
APPD 1.65
Post Rank: 8
ELIMINATOR EAGLE
Post Icon Posted: July 22 2009,8:14 am Post # 2 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

I'll be there Aug 2nd thru the 5th or 6th.
We still meet everybody in the same place, same time.
Your gonna be felling heat alright, even the water temps should be above 90 by then.

Se ya soon  :beer

"Damn you sure know how to fock things up."-GFR
| Member # 2868 | Joined: 4-23-2007 |
gearheadMale Offline

Boater
100 post flame
Canada
APPD 0.02
Post Icon Posted: July 28 2009,12:58 am Post # 3 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

We will likely only be on the water on the 5th. Heading for Phoenix on the 6th to get our house reno started. Will be just be Jan and I and a friend of hers this trip (and Daisy dog). Need to see Brian in the AM so we will likely find you in the channel. It has been nice here this week (90) but we are still looking forward to "feeling the heat". I hope the water is 90F.  :rotflmao  :rotflmao  :rotflmao

Terry

Edited by gearhead on July 28 2009,1:03 am

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and then defeat you with experience.
WATERDOGMale Offline
Gemini
HDF Silver Supporter
MENIFEE, CA
APPD 1.65
ELIMINATOR EAGLE
Post Icon Posted: July 28 2009,8:02 am Post # 4 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

I take it Brian is working on the boat Mon and Tues.
Ouch, good boating days. Hope he's awake. Boating being slow, he bought another business to keep himself busy. A restaurant of all things. :beat

Carrera EliteMale Offline
Libra
HDF Supporter

10,000 post flame10,000 post flame10,000 post flame10,000 post flame1,000 post flame1,000 post flame1,000 post flame1,000 post flame100 post flame
Glendale,AZ
APPD 5.63
Post Rank: 2
1990 Carrera 23.5 Classic
Post Icon Posted: July 28 2009,5:08 pm Post # 5 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Quote (WATERDOG @ July 28 2009,8:02 am)
Boating being slow, he bought another business to keep himself busy. A restaurant of all things. :beat

I'm Not Too Sure Which One Of Those Would Be Worse!! :eek  :eek

Sarcasim, Just one more thing that I offer for free!!
I've Reached The Age Where Happy Hour Is A Nap!!

WWW.StormPokerRuns.Com

| Member # 8 | Joined: 12-04-2002 |
gearheadMale Offline

Boater
100 post flame
Canada
APPD 0.02
Post Icon Posted: July 29 2009,12:57 am Post # 6 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Ouch, good boating days. Hope he's awake. Boating being slow, he bought another business to keep himself busy. A restaurant of all things. :beat

Are you referring to the pizza business? I thought he sold that problem. We will be on the road south Mon and Tues, hoping to arrive by Tues nite. Spend Wed on the water and then head for Phoenix.

gearheadMale Offline

Boater
100 post flame
Canada
APPD 0.02
Post Icon Posted: July 29 2009,1:06 am Post # 7 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Quote (Carrera Elite @ July 28 2009,5:08 pm)
Boating being slow, he bought another business to keep himself busy. A restaurant of all things. :beat

I'm Not Too Sure Which One Of Those Would Be Worse!! :eek  :eek

Hey CE what's the boating like at Lake Pleasant? Not as good as Havi? How about Roosevelt, Apache, Saquaro, and Canyon? Are these worth checking out? Thanks.

WATERDOGMale Offline
Gemini
HDF Silver Supporter
MENIFEE, CA
APPD 1.65
ELIMINATOR EAGLE
Post Icon Posted: July 29 2009,9:02 am Post # 8 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Quote (gearhead @ July 29 2009,12:57 am)

Are you referring to the pizza business? I thought he sold that problem. We will be on the road south Mon and Tues, hoping to arrive by Tues nite. Spend Wed on the water and then head for Phoenix.

Yeap, that was the headache I was referring to. Thought he still had it. :banghead I'll find out later today. Our Wed is really up in the air right now. Might have to leave by noon or 1 PM.

gearheadMale Offline

Boater
100 post flame
Canada
APPD 0.02
Post Icon Posted: Aug. 06 2009,10:05 pm Post # 9 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Just wanted to say thanks to all for the great day at the beach on Wednesday. We met up with Waterdog and a number of his friends on the river (Moabi). The weather was perfect (110) and the water a balmy 90 degrees.  :good Thanks to Wayne and Jack for the hospitality. Best of all we got to meet Ziggy and Jan from the board.   :good   Great people, hope we get to spend some time with them on the lake in the future. Then in conversation Ziggy tells me his dad started the Phoenix Club at Lake Isle In Alberta Canada way way back. I said no way, my best friend keeps a trailer there and that it is like 20 minutes from my lake cottage back home!!!   :eek  Talk about a small world.

WATERDOGMale Offline
Gemini
HDF Silver Supporter
MENIFEE, CA
APPD 1.65
ELIMINATOR EAGLE
Post Icon Posted: Aug. 07 2009,8:45 am Post # 10 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Quote (gearhead @ Aug. 06 2009,10:05 pm)
Just wanted to say thanks to all for the great day at the beach on Wednesday. We met up with Waterdog and a number of his friends on the river (Moabi). The weather was perfect (110) and the water a balmy 90 degrees.  :good Thanks to Wayne and Jack for the hospitality. Best of all we got to meet Ziggy and Jan from the board.   :good   Great people, hope we get to spend some time with them on the lake in the future. Then in conversation Ziggy tells me his dad started the Phoenix Club at Lake Isle In Alberta Canada way way back. I said no way, my best friend keeps a trailer there and that it is like 20 minutes from my lake cottage back home!!!   :eek  Talk about a small world.

Yeap it was a good day. Glad you were there. :good
That was my first time meeting Jack also. And I had only met Ziggy for the first time on Monday. It was good to learn that not everything they say about him is true. :beer I'll get you in touch with Wayne next time your out.

ZiggyMale Offline
Cancer

Slum Lord
5,000 post flame1,000 post flame1,000 post flame100 post flame100 post flame100 post flame100 post flame
Oceanside, Ca./Lake Havasu, Az.
APPD 0.98
Post Rank: 10
2016 Nordic 26 Deck
Post Icon Posted: Aug. 07 2009,4:18 pm Post # 11 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Great talking with you too Terry, Small world indeed.
I sent you an email with some names and details I was able to get out of my dad...will be interesting to see if any of them are known by your friends' parents.

Ain't life Grand? Treat it that way.
The Love of my Life, Jan.
| Member # 192 | Joined: 8-27-2003 |
ZiggyMale Offline
Cancer

Slum Lord
5,000 post flame1,000 post flame1,000 post flame100 post flame100 post flame100 post flame100 post flame
Oceanside, Ca./Lake Havasu, Az.
APPD 0.98
Post Rank: 10
2016 Nordic 26 Deck
Post Icon Posted: Aug. 07 2009,4:20 pm Post # 12 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Quote (WATERDOG @ Aug. 07 2009,8:45 am)

Yeap it was a good day. Glad you were there. :good
That was my first time meeting Jack also. And I had only met Ziggy for the first time on Monday. It was good to learn that not everything they say about him is true. :beer I'll get you in touch with Wayne next time your out.

Legend(or reputation) tends to precede me.... :rotflmao

Ain't life Grand? Treat it that way.
The Love of my Life, Jan.
| Member # 192 | Joined: 8-27-2003 |
WATERDOGMale Offline
Gemini
HDF Silver Supporter
MENIFEE, CA
APPD 1.65
ELIMINATOR EAGLE
Post Icon Posted: Aug. 31 2009,8:39 am Post # 13 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Quote (gearhead @ July 21 2009,11:53 pm)
Hey Ken
We are getting our schedules set for our next few visits.   :good
Looking like we will be in Havi:
Aug 4-5
Sept 19-26
Nov 8-11
Maybe one of these dates matches up with yours. Looking forward to feeling some heat. It FINALLY warmed up here! Good thing, its almost August and in a month we start cooling down!!!!!!!!!!!!  :beat

Terry

Hey Terry,
I had to make a schedule change so we will be there again on Sept 20, early AM, till the 23rd, maybe 24th. See you soon. :good

WATERDOGMale Offline
Gemini
HDF Silver Supporter
MENIFEE, CA
APPD 1.65
ELIMINATOR EAGLE
Post Icon Posted: Oct. 31 2009,2:02 pm Post # 14 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Hey Terry,
Had to make another schedule change. Be in Havi all the same dates as you are next week. :good

gearheadMale Offline

Boater
100 post flame
Canada
APPD 0.02
Post Icon Posted: Nov. 01 2009,1:11 am Post # 15 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Quote (WATERDOG @ Oct. 31 2009,2:02 pm)
Hey Terry,
Had to make another schedule change. Be in Havi all the same dates as you are next week. :good

Sounds good. We fly to Phoenix tomorrow. Planning to be at Havi Sunday Nov 8, staying till Wed-then back to Phoenix. We should have all 3 boats (me John and Alfie) there for at least a couple days. I have been up to no good. Brian has put a set of CMI Etop headers on my boat and has had Dustin @ Whipple reprogram my ECU for another 2lb of boost. YEEHAW
95 mph here we come!!!!! Maybe even more??   :beer

WATERDOGMale Offline
Gemini
HDF Silver Supporter
MENIFEE, CA
APPD 1.65
ELIMINATOR EAGLE
Post Icon Posted: Nov. 01 2009,1:52 am Post # 16 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Quote (gearhead @ Nov. 01 2009,1:11 am)
Hey Terry,

Sounds good. We fly to Phoenix tomorrow. Planning to be at Havi Sunday Nov 8, staying till Wed-then back to Phoenix. We should have all 3 boats (me John and Alfie) there for at least a couple days. I have been up to no good. Brian has put a set of CMI Etop headers on my boat and has had Dustin @ Whipple reprogram my ECU for another 2lb of boost. YEEHAW

I'll call ya Sunday afternoon. No idea why your going though all that work on the motors. You could out run me before. :D
Water temps will be a bit below 70 this trip. Wayne was up to no good also. Picked up a new toy, a really big toy. :eek

gearheadMale Offline

Boater
100 post flame
Canada
APPD 0.02
Post Icon Posted: Nov. 08 2009,8:51 pm Post # 17 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Quote (WATERDOG @ Nov. 01 2009,1:52 am)
Hey Terry,

I'll call ya Sunday afternoon. No idea why your going though all that work on the motors. You could out run me before. :D
Water temps will be a bit below 70 this trip. Wayne was up to no good also. Picked up a new toy, a really big toy. :eek

Hey Ken
Missed you on the lake today. Thinking you are maybe coming tomorrow. Anyway Alfie and I are here and John should be coming in tomorrow. You can give me a call if you are on the water. Perfect day today, 83F and NO WIND!!!! Boat is a BEAST Alfie and I were doing 93mph on glass water up against the rev limiter. Need more prop now.

WATERDOGMale Offline
Gemini
HDF Silver Supporter
MENIFEE, CA
APPD 1.65
ELIMINATOR EAGLE
Post Icon Posted: Nov. 12 2009,8:55 am Post # 18 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Quote (gearhead @ Nov. 08 2009,8:51 pm)
Quote (WATERDOG @ Nov. 01 2009,1:52 am)
Hey Terry,

Hey Ken
Missed you on the lake today. Thinking you are maybe coming tomorrow. Anyway Alfie and I are here and John should be coming in tomorrow. You can give me a call if you are on the water. Perfect day today, 83F and NO WIND!!!! Boat is a BEAST Alfie and I were doing 93mph on glass water up against the rev limiter. Need more prop now.

We didn't launch Sunday. Went over to see all the sail boats. These guys were ready to race. Had everything they needed except wind. The offical wind speed was measured at the bouy line off Crazy Horse. 0.4 knots. Ouch.

Carrera EliteMale Offline
Libra
HDF Supporter

10,000 post flame10,000 post flame10,000 post flame10,000 post flame1,000 post flame1,000 post flame1,000 post flame1,000 post flame100 post flame
Glendale,AZ
APPD 5.63
Post Rank: 2
1990 Carrera 23.5 Classic
Post Icon Posted: Nov. 12 2009,11:30 am Post # 19 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

That's Going To Be A Realy Slow Race!! :eek  :laugh

Sarcasim, Just one more thing that I offer for free!!
I've Reached The Age Where Happy Hour Is A Nap!!

WWW.StormPokerRuns.Com

| Member # 8 | Joined: 12-04-2002 |
WATERDOGMale Offline
Gemini
HDF Silver Supporter
MENIFEE, CA
APPD 1.65
ELIMINATOR EAGLE
Post Icon Posted: Nov. 12 2009,2:21 pm Post # 20 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Quote (Carrera Elite @ Nov. 12 2009,11:30 am)
That's Going To Be A Realy Slow Race!! :eek  :laugh

All the officail races where cancelled. They did some "fun" races from the beach at the Nautical out and back to a bouy about 100 yards off. Was pretty funny to watch, sort of. I only watched one before heading South to meet Gearhead.

19 replies since July 21 2009,11:53 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]
add a reply to this topic create a new topic create a new poll

navbarlogo
The Colorado River WebRing
‹ Prev | Hub | Like | Join | Surprise | Next ›

Please help keep HDF free. If you enjoy this site, feel free to make a donation to keep it running. THANKS!