Latest Posts:
flame5-01-2024 Three Word Post.....The Next Generation.... (Rep.#18,909) from: GoFastRacerflameflame4-29-2024 The Totally Useless Thread IV (Rep.#23) from: GoFastRacerflameflame4-29-2024 Brrrr (Rep.#14,838) from: GoFastRacerflameflame4-29-2024 Gas price in your area (Rep.#7,183) from: GoFastRacerflameflame4-01-2024 The Totally Useless Thread III (Rep.#11,248) from: Havasu Dougflame
No members are browsing this topic
Forum Led by: Sleek-Jet

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]
add a reply to this topic create a new topic create a new poll
catsmeowFemale Offline
Gemini

Kitten
1,000 post flame
Brea, CA
APPD 0.13
Post Rank: 40
Post Icon Posted: Dec. 06 2003,11:42 am Post # 1 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Okay all.... I'll start a thread about a concert I recently went to and let you know what I thought.  

First of all, I'm not sure what type of music everyone listens to, so when I refer to KROQ, it's a local LA/OC radio station that plays mostly the newer harder alternative and old 80's New Wave (I hope that's a good description).  

Anyway, KROQ hosted a concert here in Long Beach, California for Good Charlotte, Goldfinger and Eve 6.

I've been telling one of my best friends for years that I wanted to take my God Daughter (15 yrs old) to her first concert.  Well, her mom being overly protective would not let her go with me until she was older.  Now she has reached the age that she can make her own stupid decisions.  :)  Her mother paid $50 a ticket ($20 over because she bought them from someone after they were sold out) to get her daughter, myself and three friends to go to this show.  I said NO WAY am I taking the responsibility of three 15 yr olds at a KROQ concert, I know how I was when I was 15 :eek  :D  So, my friend decided to go with us and my God Daughter brought one other girlfriend.  

I was thinking that with a KROQ concert, it's gonna be dangerous, punks, hard core, etc... NO.... I was wrong.. It was 60% teen girls, 10% teen boys and the rest were people my age (30's & 40's) taking the kids to the show.    :rolleyes  

Eve 6 opened.... What a bunch of freeks.  The lead singer wears his hair in an afro and acts like he's soooo dramatic.  Yet his music is upbeat.  :stupid  A little wierd for me.

Goldfinger.... My favorite of the night.  I've been listening to them for years.  I love them.  I was a little worried because usually they are more punk, but that night they were pretty mellow.  They played thier popular songs and got off stage, not long enough in my opinion.  :(  

Good Charlotte.... Musically, pretty good (okay), looks (not too bad), stage enthusiasm was good, but my favorite part was thier attitudes... They sing a song that says "the best day of my life, is the day that I die"... I was a little worried about how the kids would take that, but the band went way more out of thier way then they needed to to explain that the song is about living life to it's fullest, so that when you die it will be good.   I was very impressed with them... HOWEVER, I realized a little something about me that night....

I relized at that moment when they were explaining the song and I got teary eyed, that I was old.  :(   When I'm more concerned about listening to the band and making sure the kids understand what the real meaning behind a song is than the music and getting drunk... I've gotten old.  :(    :rolleyes

Oh well... Over all the show was good.  I wouln't have paid $50 to see them, but it was important enough to my God Daughter that my girlfriend paid the bill.  :D

Meowwwww
| Member # 135 | Joined: 5-10-2003 |
Havasu DougMale Offline
Pisces
HDF Gold Supporter
Delta Tau Chi - ΔTX
10,000 post flame1,000 post flame1,000 post flame100 post flame
North Padre Island, Texas
APPD 1.56
Post Rank: 7
'78 Challenger jet
Post Icon Posted: Dec. 06 2003,8:36 pm Post # 2 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

:eek  See what happens when you change the name of a forum? :rotflmao

J/K catsmeow.  :D Thanks for posting this. :)

website  | Member # 1 | Joined: 12-02-2002 |
RiverLiverMale Offline
Leo
HDF Bronze Supporter
D-DAY
5,000 post flame100 post flame100 post flame100 post flame
Costa Mesa CA
APPD 0.68
Post Rank: 16
60' Hatteras
Post Icon Posted: Dec. 07 2003,9:20 am Post # 3 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Quote (catsmeow @ Dec. 06 2003,11:42 am)
HOWEVER, I realized a little something about me that night....

I relized at that moment when they were explaining the song and I got teary eyed, that I was old.  :(   When I'm more concerned about listening to the band and making sure the kids understand what the real meaning behind a song is than the music and getting drunk... I've gotten old.  :(    :rolleyes

Your not OLD Just more responsible.... Old is only a word...

"the song is about living life to it's fullest, so that when you die it will be good." :good  :D

Don't Be a Hater

website  | Member # 55 | Joined: 1-09-2003 |
2 replies since Dec. 06 2003,11:42 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]
add a reply to this topic create a new topic create a new poll

navbarlogo
The Colorado River WebRing
‹ Prev | Hub | Like | Join | Surprise | Next ›

Please help keep HDF free. If you enjoy this site, feel free to make a donation to keep it running. THANKS!