Latest Posts:
flame4-13-2024 Three Word Post.....The Next Generation.... (Rep.#18,878) from: GoFastRacerflameflame4-13-2024 Gas price in your area (Rep.#7,179) from: GoFastRacerflameflame4-13-2024 Brrrr (Rep.#14,829) from: GoFastRacerflameflame4-13-2024 The Totally Useless Thread IV (Rep.#13) from: GoFastRacerflameflame4-01-2024 The Totally Useless Thread III (Rep.#11,248) from: Havasu Dougflame
No members are browsing this topic
Forum Led by: Sleek-Jet

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]
add a reply to this topic create a new topic create a new poll
Trailer Park CasanovaMale Offline
HDF Supporter
Hot Boater
100 post flame100 post flame
So Cali
APPD 0.04
Post Rank: 90
Post Icon Posted: June 10 2006,6:18 am Post # 1 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

I'll post pic later, but I bought a cheapie cd/radio for the golfcart and installed it my self.
I did a nice job, looks good but cheapies will skip on the slightest bump.

Ya hickup and it quits playing for 30 seconds. Speedbumps, anything just pulls the cheapies off line.

The kids hated it, and working on Golf Carts  - everything is awkward and hard to get at so it's not that much fun to install.

I went to the local shop, Audio Concepts in Simi, and for just a few bux more than I paid for the cheapie, they put in a Nice Alpine that is skip free, plus, a much cleaner installation, and it cost about $50 more that I had in the crummy cheapie.

On top all that, it sounds 1000% better too.

Also, I'll never order a boat with a factory or dealer sound system again.
I'll delete the radio/CD and have Audio Concepts or Wired for Sound do the work.

We have a nice infinity sound system in the boat now, and it's the first time in 3 years we actually have a boat sound system that works,, no hassle, and on top all that,, sounds teriffic.

The cheapie car/marine radio cd is out on the driveway sittin' on a table. Alice is having a garage sale today. Five bux,, ok,, do I hear 3 ???

Edited by Trailer Park Casanova on June 10 2006,6:21 am

Stupid is Supposed to Hurt
| Member # 276 | Joined: 12-07-2003 |
h2oski2fastMale Offline

Sign Guru

APPD 0.01
Post Rank: 141
'84 19' GMT
Post Icon Posted: June 13 2006,11:24 pm Post # 2 see this member send this member a private message  quote this post in reply

Audio Concepts does good work, from what I have seen. They did the stereo in Mbrown's boat. Another issue about cd players skipping (that most people dont know) is that if they are NOT mount solid they will skip easier.
| Member # 482 | Joined: 3-01-2004 |
1 replies since June 10 2006,6:18 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]
add a reply to this topic create a new topic create a new poll

navbarlogo
The Colorado River WebRing
‹ Prev | Hub | Like | Join | Surprise | Next ›

Please help keep HDF free. If you enjoy this site, feel free to make a donation to keep it running. THANKS!